BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aperansi
Quartz | Level 8

I have the below data set that I would to remove certain variables from. Any of the variables where an observation equals 'X"  I would like dropped. 

I would like to know how I can code my program to remove these observations. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Okay, first let's make sure we are understanding each other properly. It seems to me that you want to drop the observations (not variables) where vendor = 'Clarity'. Is that correct? If so, please modify the title of your message.

In a data step, you need this line:

if vendor = 'Clarity' then delete;
--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Okay, first let's make sure we are understanding each other properly. It seems to me that you want to drop the observations (not variables) where vendor = 'Clarity'. Is that correct? If so, please modify the title of your message.

In a data step, you need this line:

if vendor = 'Clarity' then delete;
--
Paige Miller
aperansi
Quartz | Level 8
You are correct in your assumption, and my apologies for the confusion. I meant I wanted to drop the observations in which vendor equaled clarity. Thank you very much for providing me with the solution.
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hi @aperansi Kindly mark the solution as answered and close the thread plz. Just a request

aperansi
Quartz | Level 8
My apologies. I accepted it as a solution.
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you and no apologies required. We just need to get used to it and I have the problem 🙂  Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation