BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hyous0001
Calcite | Level 5

Hi;

I intend to make a 3-way interaction using the "Proc Genmod". For this purpose, I made the following variables:

EPU: a categorical variable which takes the value of 1,2 or 3 and I made it using a continuous variable.

M2CAT: a categorical variable which takes the value of 1,2 or 3 and I made it using a continuous variable.

MM: a continuous variable.

The model is as follow:

proc genmoddata=rr;
     class fyear sic2 ;
     model capas= epu|mm|m2cat C1 C2 C3 C4 sic2;
     repeated subject=fyear ;
     store capascont;
     run;

When I run the model, it shows the degree of freedom (DF)=1 for EPU and M2CAT. It has caused me a problem since it doesn't show me the interaction of each category with my continuous variable and it seems that SAS treats these categorical variables as a continuous variable. I tried to change the format using the PROC FORMAT but the results stay the same. The problem remains even when I use PROC GLM instead of proc Genmod:

proc glm=rr;
     class fyear sic2 ;
     model capas= epu|mm|m2cat C1 C2 C3 C4 sic2;
     run;

I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If EPU and M2CAT are categorical, you need to include them in the CLASS statement.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

If EPU and M2CAT are categorical, you need to include them in the CLASS statement.

--
Paige Miller
hyous0001
Calcite | Level 5

You're right, it worked! Thank you dear Paige.

I just got confused since it is exactly what we need to do to add a fixed effect!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation