BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
OscarUvalle
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there, I am trying to create a data using data step, based on PROC MEANS OUTPUT (means_all table) AND REGRESS OUTPUT (estimates table). The thing is that I have multiple values as I used the CLASS statement in both of them. The next picture shows three categories, AG, MAN and SR and below the means for the variables R and L.  I need to take all the means for each class so, together with the estimates I can compute some operations.  I have done this before but just having one class using first obs and keep, but having Classes it did not work. This is my shot. 

DATA WANT;
	 SET ESTIMATES;
	IF _N_ = 1 THEN DO;
		SET MEANS_ALL (FIRSTOBS = 2 KEEP = R_MEAN L_MEAN);
					RENAME R_MEAN = R_MEAN_AG;
					RENAME LNTA_MEAN = L_MEAN_AG;
		SET MEANS_ALL (FIRSTOBS = 3 KEEP = R_MEAN L_MEAN);
					RENAME ROA_MEAN = R_MEAN_MAN;
					RENAME LNTA_MEAN = L_MEAN_MAN ;
		SET MEANS_ALL (FIRSTOBS = 5 KEEP = R_MEAN L_MEAN);
					RENAME ROA_MEAN = R_MEAN_SR;
					RENAME LNTA_MEAN = L_MEAN_SR ;
END;
RUN;

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Couldn't you transpose the means output and then join with the estimates on response and variable?

Something like

proc transpose
  data=means
  out=means_trans (
    rename=(_name_=variable col1=mean)
  )
;
by response;
var _numeric_;
run;

proc sql;
create table want as
select a.*, b.mean
from estimates a left join means_trans b
on a.variable = b.variable and a.response = b.response;
quit;
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Can you show us what the desired output would look like?

--
Paige Miller
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Show test data before means output, in the form of a datastep, and what the output should look like.  Its seems a bit of a faff and you may be able to simplfy the whole thing by normalising before means processing.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat...

Oh, and please stop shouting code at us.

OscarUvalle
Obsidian | Level 7

data WORK.DATA; infile datalines dsd truncover; input ID:BEST. SEC:$3. R:COMMA15.4 L:BEST. E:COMMA15.4; format ID BEST. R COMMA15.4 L BEST. E COMMA15.4; label ID="ID" SEC="SEC" R="R" L="L" E="E"; datalines; 1115 OTH 0.0032 10.684656256 0.0095 1494 OTH 0.0025 12.517256378 0.0000 1498 SER 0.0026 10.138639711 0.0327 1501 MAN 0.0028 9.564539273 0.0001 1515 MAN 0.0047 11.239027947 0.0967 ;;;; /* step 1. Estimates */ proc logistic data = data plots = none outest = mlogit_estimates; model sec (ref = 'oth')= r l e / link = glogit ; run; /* step 2. Means */ proc means data = data mean maxdec = 4 ; class sec ; output out = means_all mean = average / autoname ; run; /* step 3 create a data set where both tables are combined */ data partial; set mlogit_estimates (drop = _link_ _type_ _status_ _name_ _lnlike_ _esttype_) means_all ; if (sec = 'agr') then rename r_mean = r_mean_agr l_mean = l_mean_agr e_mean_agr; if (sec = 'man') then rename r_mean = r_mean_man l_mean = l_mean_man e_mean_man; if (sec = 'ser') then rename r_mean = r_mean_ser l_mean = l_mean_ser e_mean_ser; step_1_agr = exp (r_estimate_agr * r_mean_agr * l_mean_agr); step_2_man = exp (l_estimate_man * l_mean_man); step_3_ser = exp (0); prob_agr = (step_1_agr / (1 + step_1_agr + step_2_man + step_3_ser)); prob_man = (step_2_man / (1 + step_1_agr + step_2_man + step_3_ser)); prob_ser = (step_3_ser / (1 + step_1_agr + step_2_man + step_3_ser)); par_der_agr = e_estimate_agr(prob_agr)( 1 - prob_agr); par_der_man = e_estimate_man(prob_man)( 1 - prob_man); par_der_ser = eq_estimate_ser(prob_ser)( 1 - prob_ser); run; proc print data = partial label noobs; var par_der_agr ; format _all_ comma15.4 ; run; proc print data = partial label noobs; var par_der_man ; format _all_ comma15.4 ; run; proc print data = partial label noobs; var par_der_ser ; format _all_ comma15.4 ; run;

Sorry for the late response. So many events yesterday. I am trying to increase my SAS skills but I am still in baby steps. I have put the code and the formulas or steps I need to do to get my results. The only thing I am still struggling is the fact that I can get me variables in the same table and use them on my steps. 

My data partial does not work as I am trying to rename the variables by sector so I can use them in the step below.

@Kurt_Bremser the transpose means it indeed works but no the SQL. Still, the data in means_trans is not handy as I need (that's my perception maybe it is). By the way, very good article, Maxims of Maximally... I am printing it to make my bible.

@PaigeMiller I am looking values such as, (of course including the whole data)

P(AGR)0.175088
P(MAN)0.237825
P(SER)0.293544

@RW9 I have put now the code now so ya can see what I am trying to do. On the other hand, I did not mean to shout code to you all, I just like the way how my SAS code looks in capital letters. In future post, I will be aware of it.

Thank you all

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation