BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ramin1
Obsidian | Level 7
Actually, I want to create a new column name h_67 which will be equal one if the column/variable avg_percent_moneyness >=.67 twice within the sample period otherwise it will be zero. Here, in the code count function is not working as is it not correct. I need help in this regard, hope I will get the reply from you.
I tried the following code but it does not work. Variable holder in the data, is equal 1 if avg_percent_moneyness>= .67 or remains o
Data want;
set have;
If (count(avg_percent_moneyness>=.67))>=2 then holder_67=1;
else 0;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Assuming that by sampling period you mean by gvkey (?), you could use two do until() loops:

data want;
count = 0;
do until (last.gvkey);
    set sasforum.t; by gvkey;
    if avg_percent_moneyness >= 0.67 then count + 1;
    end;
h_67 = count >= 2;
do until (last.gvkey);
    output;
    end;
drop count;
run;
PG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Assuming that by sampling period you mean by gvkey (?), you could use two do until() loops:

data want;
count = 0;
do until (last.gvkey);
    if avg_percent_moneyness >= 0.67 then count + 1;
    end;
h_67 = count >= 2;
do until (last.gvkey);
    output;
    end;
drop count;
run;
PG
Ramin1
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, PGStats. Sampling period means, I have 20 years of data and if the executive scored more than .67 in avg_percent_moneyness twice within that sample year then h_67 will be 1 for that person else 0. I forget to give you one more column in the data that is the ID for each executive and I use by executive id in the do until loop.
In the second do until loop, is it outout or it should be output? When I code outout SAS corrected it as output.
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

I edited my post. I meant output, of course.

PG

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation