BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MajorJohnny
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm working as an intern in a financial institution. I had to pick up SAS rather quickly, so basically I'm a total noob.

We are using absolutely massive SAS programs, referencing and creating a lot of tables in them. My question is if there is a way to count the number of all created/referenced tables in a single program, since manually it would take ages.

Also is there such a term as "historical tables"? Is there a difference between "historical table" and a simple table? I can't find any information on that.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16
You can try to find the number of datasets being called, by searching the text starting with 'data' or 'set' and if proc sql is also used then try to search for text 'table as ' or 'from' because anything after these text will be a dataset name. Also, there is nothing like historical tables or simple tables in SAS, it depended on the data what you are analyzing, if your company data is old and that you are working on then it is called as historical tables
Thanks,
Jag
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@MajorJohnny 

Try using the SCAPROC Procedure, it will analyze the code for you.

Here is a paper about it Thoroughly Modern SAS : The SAS Code Analyzer Helps Bring Programs Up to Date

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation