BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fikel
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I started working with SAS this week. I have a SAS file, I would like to convert to a CSV file. I have seen similar questions in regard to SAS University edition, but those answers have not helped which I think is related to the OnDemand version storing data in the cloud instead of on my mac. I have uploaded the file (foodcodes_and_desc) to SAS studio and created a permanent library called phenbase. I have tried this snippet:

proc export data=phenbase.foodcodes_and_desc
            outfile=_dataout
            dbms=csv replace;
run;

%let _DATAOUT_MIME_TYPE=text/csv;
%let _DATAOUT_NAME=foodcodes_and_desc;

but I get an empty file and these errors:

fikel_0-1610061157149.png

I then tried this, but got the same errors:
proc export data=phenbase.foodcodes_and_desc
         outfile='/home/u50451669/Polyphenol_baseline_databases/foodcodes.csv'
         dbms=csv replace;
run;
In the examples, I have seen for University edition, people export to their myfolders folder that was shared with SAS, but that isn't a part of OnDemand, so I'm not sure how to go about actually getting a csv version of the document. I would greatly appreciate the help, thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@fikel wrote:

It is the exact spelling, I copied the path from the properties of that folder and just doubled checked the spelling.

I was given the file from a research group as a .sas7bdat file and uploaded it to SAS studio.

Then (most probably) somewhere along the way one of the tools changed the spelling of the filename. The physical filename of a .sas7bdat file MUST be all lowercase.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Check the exact spelling of the folder

Polyphenol_baseline_databases

in your home directory. Keep in mind that the UNIX system where On Demand runs is case sensitive.

fikel
Obsidian | Level 7

It is the exact spelling, I copied the path from the properties of that folder and just doubled checked the spelling.

I was given the file from a research group as a .sas7bdat file and uploaded it to SAS studio.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@fikel wrote:

Then (most probably) somewhere along the way one of the tools changed the spelling of the filename. The physical filename of a .sas7bdat file MUST be all lowercase.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation