BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bkq32
Quartz | Level 8

I usually use HTML output, but my supervisor prefers the LISTING destination. Is there a way to increase the separation between the two PROC CONTENTS to increase readability?

Photo.PNG

Here's the code for the sample data sets if it's helpful:

data have_a;
 input id name city;
cards;
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
;
run;

data have_b;
 input color animal zoo;
cards;
10 11 12
13 14 15
16 17 18
;
run;

proc contents data=have_a; run;
proc contents data=have_b; run;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You may want to share any system options you are setting that affect the listing output. Your picture tells me that you may be doing some that is reducing vertical space as the default pagesize setting shows considerable space for such output.

Easiest may be a footnote statement or two;

footnote " ";
footnote2" ";

would add a couple of lines between each procedures output until canceled with a

footnote;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You may want to share any system options you are setting that affect the listing output. Your picture tells me that you may be doing some that is reducing vertical space as the default pagesize setting shows considerable space for such output.

Easiest may be a footnote statement or two;

footnote " ";
footnote2" ";

would add a couple of lines between each procedures output until canceled with a

footnote;

bkq32
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you! You're right, I had set PAGESIZE and LINESIZE to max and at one point used ODS PDF which apparently permanently changed those default options (http://support.sas.com/kb/41/196.html).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation