BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kendriamiller5
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I'm having trouble finding the exact location to download the necessary files I need for the courses under OnDemand for Academics. I tried looking through the forum for other answers but I still feel stuck. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It depends on what class you're taking and how you are getting the data. If you are in a University-sponsored class, your professor should provide you with data or with instructions to get the data and then you'll need to upload the  data to a folder under your Files (Home) top node in the SAS On Demand for Academics server.

If you are taking one of our e-learning classes, possibly through the SAS Skill Builder portal for students, most of our classes (such as Programming 1 and Programming 2, Statistics 1, etc) have specific instructions for how to make the data for these foundation SAS programming classes. Once you are inside the class, look for a lesson entitled "Course Overview and Data Setup" or possibly just Course Overview and inside that lesson, you should see several choices for how to download the zip file needed to get the program that will MAKE all the folders and files you need for the foundation classes.

On the other hand, if you are taking any of the SAS Viya classes through the SAS Skill Builder then you would be using SAS Viya for Learners and all the data needed for the SAS Viya classes is already pre-loaded on the Viya for Learners servers.

This is the primary difference between the classes offered to University students....whether you need to make the data by running a program (SAS OnDemand for Academics) or whether you are using a platform which has the data already pre-loaded (SAS Viya for Learners).

As an example, here's a video that shows how to make the data for Programming 1 (and Programming 2, etc, etc) on the SAS OnDemand server: https://youtu.be/piTtnbzODPs .

If you're still having issues after watching the video and IF you're taking one of our classes offered in the SAS Skill Builder, then please send mail to elearn@sas.com and let us know the full title of the class you're taking in SAS Skill Builder so we can help you with those instructions.

However, if you are taking a class that your professor is offering that uses a mixture of our material and the professor's material, then you may want to work with your professor or teaching assistant on how to get the data for classes loaded onto your SAS OnDemand server account.

Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation