BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
赵家钧
Fluorite | Level 6

In the last Practise of Lesson 5, I encounter some trouble with the Challenge Practice. 

My puzzle is that even with this code, I cannot find the answer to the Question 2 easily and even more difficult than without IDGROUP option. I can't figure out the meaning of the IDGROUP option to this question.Man Frustrated

Next, I will list the whole problem and solution given by them.(without any modification)

1.Create a new program. Write a PROC MEANS step to analyze rows from pg1.np_multiyr and create a table named top3parks with the following attributes:

• Suppress the display of the PROC MEANS report.
  • Analyze Visitors grouped by Region and Year.
  • Drop the _FREQ_ and _TYPE_ columns from top3parks and keep only the rows that are a result of a combination of Region and Year.
  • Create a column for TotalVisitors in the output table.
  • In the output table, include the top three parks in terms of the number of visitors. Automatically resolve conflicts in the column names when the names are assigned to the new columns in the output table.
    Note: Use SAS Help to learn about the IDGROUP option in the OUTPUT statement.
  • Submit the program and view the output data.

2.Which park has the highest value of TotalVisitors?

Solution:

proc means data=pg1.np_multiyr noprint;
    var Visitors;
    class Region Year;
    ways 2;
    output out=top3list(drop=_freq_ _type_)
           sum=TotalVisitors /*sum total visitors*/
    	   idgroup(max(Visitors) /*find the max of visitors*/
    	   out[3] /*top 3*/
    	   (Visitors ParkName)=); /*output columns for top 3 parks*/
run;

Answer:

Golden Gate National Recreation Area

1 REPLY 1

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation