BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi All,

I have created a stored process which I want to execute silently i.e. without the "Executing SAS Analysis" Popup or the Information window appearing on the right hand side of the screen as per below.  Is there an option that can stop these things occurring either from the interface or via VBA?   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

image.png

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Scott_Mitchell 

I was correct. Unfortunately, no option currently exists to suppress the SAS panel that opens automatically when results are rendered. But I have opened a software feature request to ask for this option in a future release of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Scott_Mitchell 

Try this sample VBA code (modify for your stored process):

Sub InsertStoredProcess()

Dim sas As SASExcelAddIn
    Set sas = Application.COMAddIns.Item("SAS.ExcelAddIn").Object
    sas.Options.AutoInsertResultsIntoDocument = True

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Dim stp As SASStoredProcess
    Set stp = sas.InsertStoredProcess("/Shared Data/Stored Processes/Bar chart prdsale", Sheet1.Range("A1"))

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

End Sub

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a way to suppress the new SAS Panel on the right, but I am checking with R&D to be certain.

fifthand57th
SAS Employee

@Scott_Mitchell 

I was correct. Unfortunately, no option currently exists to suppress the SAS panel that opens automatically when results are rendered. But I have opened a software feature request to ask for this option in a future release of the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office.

Scott_Mitchell
Quartz | Level 8

@fifthand57th Thank you so much for this.  Greatly appreciated.