BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gil_
Quartz | Level 8
I created a lib that gets created but file is blank using 9.4.
Libnane xlsxfile "h:\test.xlsx";

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

You are posting this in the integration with Microsoft Office area. Your question does not appear to relate to that so perhaps this should be in the base programming area.

Also, LIBNAME by itself does not create any files or output and you don't show any code that should create output. So we have no idea what might be an issue.

Check your log.

If there are warnings or errors copy the code and messages from the log and paste that into a code box opened using the forum's {I} menu icon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gil_
Quartz | Level 8

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Gil_ wrote:

Please post your real code and the log from that; this statement is a pure syntax error.

See my footnotes for how to post code and log.

ballardw
Super User

You are posting this in the integration with Microsoft Office area. Your question does not appear to relate to that so perhaps this should be in the base programming area.

Also, LIBNAME by itself does not create any files or output and you don't show any code that should create output. So we have no idea what might be an issue.

Check your log.

If there are warnings or errors copy the code and messages from the log and paste that into a code box opened using the forum's {I} menu icon.

Gil_
Quartz | Level 8
1st time creating a lib
Libnane xlsxfile "h:\test.xlsx. here is my code to refer where the file is located it creates a tanle but no data my log shows it was created successful when i click pn log it hives me error message test$ doesnt exist
Gil_
Quartz | Level 8
I got it bring it in csv then convert character to datetime thsnks

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation