BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Clubber_Lang
Fluorite | Level 6

I've had a request from a group of users at my company to install two different versions of the SAS Microsoft Office Add-in on the same device, which I don't think is possible but wanted to confirm, as I'm not a user, but instead the person who sets up the installs/uninstalls using Microsoft SCCM for deploying the software.

The users are currently using version 7.15 and would also like to have version 8.3 installed alongside it.

In testing, installing one then installing the next appears to overwrite the previous one in that there's only ever one SAS menu in the Microsoft applications.

Just wanted to confirm that's the expected behavior so I can pass on the correct info to the end users. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS Add-in operates inside MS Excel and other MS tools. Unless you have multiple versions of MS Excel installed each with the required SAS Add-in version, then this won't be possible. Even then I'm not sure if the SAS Add-in install process will allow you to pick which version of Excel to use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS Add-in operates inside MS Excel and other MS tools. Unless you have multiple versions of MS Excel installed each with the required SAS Add-in version, then this won't be possible. Even then I'm not sure if the SAS Add-in install process will allow you to pick which version of Excel to use.