BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have an Excel File with 8 tabs containing data.

Currently I am extracting the data from each tab and converting them to .csv files (8 csv files).

Then I execute the 8 jobs which have these sources as input.

Is it possible to automate this process where on a single click in SAS DI ( Instead of manually creating csv files , getting it done in a single click )

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If you have "Access to pcfiles" it's not harder than defining a libname 🙂

libname xlfile xlsx '/home/kfen01/exceltest.xlsx';

Will automatically give you two "datasets" in the defined libname.

image.png

//Fredrik

laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Fredrik,

My issue is the Excel file with 8 tabs (.xlsx) file is in my sharepoint location.

I need to firstly make 8 .csv files (Tab delimited) and copy these to the server location.

I need to archive the files which are already present (.csv) files to a folder with a date.

then I need to move these files to that location.

an then execute the job which will take these (.csv) files as input.

Can u let me know how to do this in SAS DI .

With an example and steps would help me a lot.

Thanks

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

When you say "need", is that an architectural requirement?

I mean, you can make similar archiving by storing the data in e.g. generation SAS datasets.

But I see your pain, Excel files is a least preffered source in data integration.

If your site is licensing Add-in for MS Office you can use Excel to update SAS datasets directly on the server.

Data never sleeps
laxmanpai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Could someone provide me a solution for this in SAS DI as this is a project requirement which would help me

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation