BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nithishsaji94
Calcite | Level 5

I want to get the constraints causing infeasibility and store it in a table for printing. SAS doesn't allow me to use IIS=on when using milp solver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

You can use the Output Delivery System to write the EXPAND / IIS output to a data set:

ods output expand=myexpand;

You can then use PROC PRINT if you want, but it will look very similar.  Both ways display only the IIS (and not all the other variables and constraints) in the Results Viewer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

MILP IIS is available in SAS Optimization 8.5 (SAS Viya 3.5), released in November 2019:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=casmopt&docsetTarget=c...

For other releases, you might try using the RELAXINT option, in case the LP relaxation is infeasible:

solve with lp relaxint / iis=on;
nithishsaji94
Calcite | Level 5

I have base sas 9.4 and SAS EG 7.1. Looks like I don't have that yet.

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

I don't quite understand.  Did you try the SOLVE statement that I recommended?  If so, did you get an error message?

nithishsaji94
Calcite | Level 5

Tried it with that, unfortunately it was still infeasible. I managed to predefine certain conditions which would make the problem unfeasible, as sort of a message to my users.

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

OK, that result is a good thing when you want to figure out why a problem is infeasible.  It means that even the linear programming relaxation is infeasible.  The following statement will then show you the resulting IIS found by the solver to help you diagnose the infeasibility:

expand / iis;
nithishsaji94
Calcite | Level 5
Is there a way I can just proc print the infeasibility causing constraints than going through the entire log.
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

You can use the Output Delivery System to write the EXPAND / IIS output to a data set:

ods output expand=myexpand;

You can then use PROC PRINT if you want, but it will look very similar.  Both ways display only the IIS (and not all the other variables and constraints) in the Results Viewer.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation