BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,

I have lp problems in mps standard (respectively free) format in a table of my databank.
Is it possible to use PROC SQL to select and convert them to mps sas data set, so that I can Input into PROC OPTMILP?

As sparsedata I can seclect a problem form my databank into a table with PROC SQL and convert it with PROC LP:
proc lp data=exdata mpsout=mpsdata;
run;

But for mps format, I find only the macro %mps2sasd in the user's guide. Its parameter must be a file (.mps).

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Philipp_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi Chavalit,

Unfortunately there is no auto macro to read an MPS data set from a database. But since the data set format is almost the same as the mps format, it should not be hard to write a macro for it using PROC SQL.

Here is some information about the mps data set format:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/ormpug/63352/HTML/default/viewer.htm#mpsds_toc.htm

Have a great day
Philipp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation