BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BCO
Calcite | Level 5 BCO
Calcite | Level 5

I am relatively new with PROC LP.  I am trying to run optimizations for a set of units across time.  I.e, I want to know which units are efficient in time t, t+1, t+2, etc., to see how the efficiencies and units change over time.  Noting that the input dataset needs to be in a text format, plus realizing that I want to try different inputs and outputs to the model, I am looking at developing far too many text files for my liking.  Is there any way to use a SAS dataset as an input dataset for the PROC LP procedure, allowing me to set up a loop structure to rerun the model for each time period?  Any help would be great.

1 REPLY 1
Philipp_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi,

I assume you want to solve a linear or (mixed-)integer programming problem. PROC LP is a legacy proc, the current procs for this purpose are OPTMODEL, OPTLP and OPTMILP. Specifically for what you describe, OPTMODEL is probably the best choice. Here a link to the documentation (SAS/OR 12.1, but OPTMODEL is available since quite a few versions):

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/ormpug/63975/HTML/default/viewer.htm#optmodel_toc.htm

I don't quite understand the details of you question, but with a basic understanding of modeling optimization problems you should be able to state the model for your optimization problem independently from the data files and OPTMODEL also supports loops.

I hope this helps

Philipp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation