BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Whats New in SAS Optimization.jpg

Hi SAS Optimization Community,

I’m presenting a live “Ask the Expert” webinar on May 23rd, 11 AM – 12 PM ET entitled What’s New in SAS Optimization? I’ll show you how SAS Optimization continues to improve on its powerful modeling language with unified access to a broad suite of solvers. Bring your questions. We’ll host a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar.

You will learn about:

• All the ways SAS Optimization is changing.
  • Recently added features, including a conic optimization solver and an automated Benders decomposition algorithm.
  • SAS Optimization performance improvements.

Reserve your spot for the webinar.

Want more tips? Be sure to subscribe to the Ask the Expert board to receive follow up Q&A, slides and recordings from this and other SAS Ask the Expert webinars.

Can't join the live event? You can view this and other Ask the Expert sessions on-demand here. 

4 REPLIES 4
t75wez1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello Rob,

Thanks so much for the great presentation you gave yesterday.

Could you share the SAS code you used during your demo?

Ethan

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Hi Ethan,

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation.  Attached is a .zip file that contains the three .sas files and one .sasnb file.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Rob

t75wez1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Rob,

It doesn't work when running your code given my SAS/OR 15.2 on 9.4 M7 with ETS.

Below is my SAS log.

Any idea?

thanks,

Ethan

****************************************************************************************************************

NOTE: Optimal.
NOTE: Objective = 3376.2206101.
7208 ! /* branch and cut */
7210 solve with milp / benders;
-------
ERROR 690-782: The option BENDERS is unrecognized.

ERROR 22-322: Expecting one of the following: ABSOBJGAP, ABSOLUTEOBJECTIVEGAP, ALLCUTS,
CONCURRENT, CONFLICTSEARCH, CUTCLIQUE, CUTFLOWCOVER, CUTFLOWPATH, CUTGOMORY,
CUTGUB, CUTIMPLIED, CUTKNAPSACK, CUTLAP, CUTMILIFTED, CUTMIR, CUTMULTICOMMODITY,
CUTOFF, CUTS, CUTSFACTOR, CUTSTRATEGY, CUTZEROHALF, DECOMP, DECOMPMASTER,
DECOMPMASTERIP, DECOMPSUBPROB, DETERMINISTIC, DISTRIBUTED, EMPHASIS, FEASTOL,
HEURISTICS, IIS, INTEGERTOLERANCE, INTTOL, LOGFREQ, LOGLEVEL, MAXNODES, MAXPOOLGAP,
MAXPOOLSOLS, MAXSOLS, MAXTIME, NODESEL, NOPRIMALIN, NTHREADS, OPTTOL, PRESOLVER,
PRIMALIN, PRINTFREQ, PRINTLEVEL2, PRIORITY, PROBE, RELATIVEOBJECTIVEGAP, RELOBJGAP,
RESTARTS, ROOTNODE, SCALE, SEED, SOLTYPE, STRONGITER, STRONGLEN, SYMMETRY, TARGET,
TIMETYPE, VARSEL.

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, that is expected behavior.  The Benders decomposition algorithm is a new feature in SAS Viya 2024.05, just released last week.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation