BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

it is possible to define the height and width of the graph image using the ods graphics statement.

But I could not find an option to define the height and width of the wall space.

It is possible with proc sgplot and/or proc template?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

@xxformat_com , this will not do what you want. the DESiGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT are used to establish the default dimensions of the entire graph, not the wall area. By default, the width/height on the ODS GRAPHICS statement are set to the to the DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT. If you override width/height on the ODS GRAPHICS statement, we use the difference between DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT and width/height to set certain scaling factors for the final output.

In GTL, you can change the DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT directly inside of a template to enforce a different default width/height for the graph. This can be desirable for certain types of layouts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Like this?

ods graphics on / height=300px width=300px; * Choose another unit if needed;

xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

I'm ok with defining new values. I would like to know how to idenfity the default values.

xxformat_com
Barite | Level 11

I've found the answer:

Height:

The value of the SAS registry entry "ODS > ODS GRAPHICS > Design Height" or the value of the DesignHeight= option in a STATGRAPH template. Typically, the value is 480px.

Source: https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/grstatproc/p0kroq43yu0lspn16hk1u4c65lti.ht...

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

@xxformat_com , this will not do what you want. the DESiGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT are used to establish the default dimensions of the entire graph, not the wall area. By default, the width/height on the ODS GRAPHICS statement are set to the to the DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT. If you override width/height on the ODS GRAPHICS statement, we use the difference between DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT and width/height to set certain scaling factors for the final output.

In GTL, you can change the DESIGNWIDTH/DESIGNHEIGHT directly inside of a template to enforce a different default width/height for the graph. This can be desirable for certain types of layouts.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation