BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

Does anyone know if there is some kind of documentation that describes the connection between the different parts of a Style Template and the different parts of a Graph (Template). I'm trying to develop a Style Template in accordance with my organisation's colour scheme and graphical profile but has so far only worked on the basis of trial and error.

Below you can see what I have accomplished.

proc template;

define style styles.MyOrgProfile;

parent = styles.listing;

class GraphBoxMedian /

linethickness = 3px;

class GraphBoxWhisker /

linestyle = 2;

class GraphColors /

'gdata' = #1E00BE

'gcdata2' = #329B46

'gcdata3' = #91289B

'gcdata4' = #FFB309

'ggrid' = #8D90F5

'gaxis' = #8D90F5

'gtext' = #8D90F5

'glabel' = #8D90F5 ;

class GraphGridLines /

linethickness = 1px;

class GraphFonts /

'GraphValueFont'

= ("arial, <sans-serif>, <MTsans-serif>",8pt)

'GraphLabelFont'

= ("arial, <sans-serif>, <MTsans-serif>",8pt);

class GraphData1 /

linestyle = 1;

class GraphData2 /

linestyle = 1;

class GraphData3 /

linestyle = 1;

class GraphData4 /

linestyle = 1;

end;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

This paper I did in 2017 should help you a lot: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0675-2017.pdf

Be sure to look at the diagram on page 2.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

Very nice paper Dan. You are really diving deep into terminology of the templates!

Still I would like to find some more information.

When and where is e.g. the template style object GCDATA2 used? In what plots? For what graph style elements? 

What are the preconditions for using this object instead of GDATA, GCDATA. GNDATA or GNCDATA?

I do not expect you to answer these questions, but would be very happy if you point me in the right direction where to find this information.

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

It will probably be easier to directly answer your question:

The color variables you listed below can be lumped into two categories: Fill Color (G) and Contrast Color (GC). Contrast colors are for coloring line, markers, and (sometimes) text (such as with grouped data labels). The GCDATA2 color is the "contrast color" in the GraphData2 data style element (see the section on data styles in my paper). The data style elements are used in a number of circumstances, such as grouped plots, autocycling of overlaid plots, and direct style references.

A simple example that would use the GCDATA2 color in GraphData2, would be the following:

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;

scatter x=weight y=height / group=sex;

run;

The markers from the second group will get the GCDATA2 color.

Hope this helps!
Dan

Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Dan, it definitely helps my understadning of this particular style templates elements. It's exactly this kind of information I'm looking for but in a broader, more comprehensive, way, including all possible style template elements. 

Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

There was definitely more informtion in your paper, Dan, than I first noted! Sorry for not understanding until now.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation