BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EdFluffya
Calcite | Level 5

I'm doing swimmer plot, with multiple bars/color on each line.  PROC SGPLOT with highlow.

Problem 1;  The bars go in OK but am attempting to put subject ID/dx/dose as text string to left of graph.  Using "text" option.   This is in the negative range.

Problem is that the far left character of each string gets clipped.  It looks to me that the procedure is not allocating enuf space for whole string.

Problem 2: I have on single line for instance a grey bar changing to a red bar.  The grey bar is wider than the red bar.   How do I get the same width?  I've tried using various options for BARWIDTH= but nothing seems to work.

NOTE: 2nd problem:  SAS Technical Support Case CS0139913: 

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Many users here don't want to download Excel files because of virus potential, others have such things blocked by security software. Also if you give us Excel we have to create a SAS data set and due to the non-existent constraints on Excel data cells the result we end up with may not have variables of the same type (numeric or character) and even values.

Instructions here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... will show how to turn an existing SAS data set into data step code that can be pasted into a forum code box using the </> icon or attached as text to show exactly what you have and that we can test code against.

If your spreadsheet included code, you should really copy code from your editor and paste that into a text or code box opened with either the </> or "running man" icons above the message window. If you did not include code then this a request for you to do so. You may need to indicate which ODS STYLE is in effect as well as any ODS GRAPHICS options as those affect graph appearance.

Ksharp
Super User
Check INTERVALBARWIDTH= option
if your xaxis or yaxis is linear type:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/Graphics-Programming/barwidth-has-no-effect-when-using-HIGHLOW-in-PRO...

Chekc option lowlabel= of highlow to display a string at left side of highlow.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation