BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm trying to create a survival plot where the labels on Subjects at Risk are different than what is shown in the legend. I'm also having some difficulty in getting some space between the plot and the xaxistable so that the label "Subjects at Risk" is not overwriting the x axis label in the plot. 

So to summarize 

1. I need a legend in the plot with the full treatment names along with censored.

2. I need space between the xaxistable and x-axis label so the xaxistable can have its own label. 

It would be optimal if I could have one legend with the two treatments and censored in it, but I cannot tell from the documentation if that is doable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

Did you see my suggestion to use TITLE= to add a header for the XAXISTABLE?

If you want to have your legends list your treatments and then have a single row for censored (like in the macro that I linked to you), then you can do the following trick:

proc sgplot data=tinterv dattrmap=myattrmap ;

step x=time y=survival / group=stratuma lineattrs=(thickness=1.75px) name='s' attrid = myid;

/**Make a non-grouped plot that you can control the legend label and color on.  Gets masked by the colored one afterwards.**/
scatter x=time y=censored / name='c' markerattrs=(color=black size=0pt) legendlabel="Censored";

scatter x=time y=censored / group=stratuma attrid = myid datalabelattrs =(family = "Courier New" size = 9);

xaxistable atrisk / labelattrs = (family="Courier New" size = 9) label x=tatrisk class=stratuma location=outside position = bottom valueattrs = (family= "Courier New" size = 9) title="Patients-at-Risk";

keylegend "s"  "c"/ location=inside position = topright valueattrs = (family = "Courier New" size = 9) across=1 autoitemsize;

yaxis min=0 labelattrs=(family="Courier New" size = 9);

xaxis labelattrs =(family = "Courier New" size = 9) values=(0 to 300 by 60);  

run;

I make a non-grouped plot of the censors that you can then add to the legend to have a single row legend item.  Legendlabel lets me assign the text to be used in the legend (e.g. "Censored").  AUTOITEMSIZE will match the symbol size to the font size.

I remove the name option from the original scatter so that this one won't go into the legend.  I added the step plot to the legend statement to include your treatment values above the censored legend.

I added the title= option to the xaxistable to give a header for the patients-at-risk.  There might be an option to align this differently, I don't know off hand.

My NEWSURV macro an do all of this for you as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

If i understand your request correctly then I run my macro newsurv can do this for you if you're interested Macro link.

Otherwise I think the title option in the x axis table can add a label for the patients at risk separate from the x axis label.

ballardw
Super User

AS a minimum show the code you are using now. It wouldn't hurt to provide some example data.

Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

SG Plot code follows - I have annotations and attribute maps attached but that works fine:

step x=time y=survival / group=stratuma lineattrs=(thickness=1.75px) name='s' attrid = myid;

scatter x=time y=censored / group=stratuma name='c' attrid = myid datalabelattrs =(family = "Courier New" size = 9);

xaxistable atrisk / labelattrs = (family="Courier New" size = 9) label x=tatrisk class=stratuma location=outside position = bottom valueattrs = (family= "Courier New" size = 9) ;

keylegend "c" / location=inside position = topright valueattrs = (family = "Courier New" size = 9) title = "Censored" titleattrs=(family = "Courier New" size=9);

run;

Reeza
Super User

Is TINVER the output from a PROC? Can you provide data so we can run it?

Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

TINVER is the ODS output file from PROC LIFETEST

SurvivalPlot = tinterv

Then the stratum is recoded to the actual treatment names. I cannot send the data as they are confidential.

Reeza
Super User

Use fake data from the documentation then. Or something along those lines.

@Doug____ wrote:

TINVER is the ODS output file from PROC LIFETEST

SurvivalPlot = tinterv

Then the stratum is recoded to the actual treatment names. I cannot send the data as they are confidential.

JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

Did you see my suggestion to use TITLE= to add a header for the XAXISTABLE?

If you want to have your legends list your treatments and then have a single row for censored (like in the macro that I linked to you), then you can do the following trick:

/**Make a non-grouped plot that you can control the legend label and color on.  Gets masked by the colored one afterwards.**/
scatter x=time y=censored / name='c' markerattrs=(color=black size=0pt) legendlabel="Censored";

scatter x=time y=censored / group=stratuma attrid = myid datalabelattrs =(family = "Courier New" size = 9);

xaxistable atrisk / labelattrs = (family="Courier New" size = 9) label x=tatrisk class=stratuma location=outside position = bottom valueattrs = (family= "Courier New" size = 9) title="Patients-at-Risk";

keylegend "s"  "c"/ location=inside position = topright valueattrs = (family = "Courier New" size = 9) across=1 autoitemsize;

run;

I make a non-grouped plot of the censors that you can then add to the legend to have a single row legend item.  Legendlabel lets me assign the text to be used in the legend (e.g. "Censored").  AUTOITEMSIZE will match the symbol size to the font size.

I remove the name option from the original scatter so that this one won't go into the legend.  I added the step plot to the legend statement to include your treatment values above the censored legend.

I added the title= option to the xaxistable to give a header for the patients-at-risk.  There might be an option to align this differently, I don't know off hand.

My NEWSURV macro an do all of this for you as well.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation