BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

I am doing a scatter plot on which most of the values are in a narrow lower band on the X axis.  I would like to show that lower, narrow band (with its dense data points) at a more focused scale (i.e., wider data points on Y axis), while compressing the  rest of the Y axis since there's not as much there.

It looks like this now:

davehalltwp_0-1692135662364.png

I would like that narrow lower section to be tall, and the upper section correspondingly short.  Is that doable?  Otherwise there's really no point for me to split it at all.

Here is my current code:

proc sgplot data = fpepc0 dattrmap = atmap; 
     scatter x = pclog y = fpe / name   = "scatter1" 
	                             group  = avisitn groupdisplay = cluster
                                 attrid = atrid;                                                                                                                          
     xaxis label         = 'Log, Plasma Concentration (ng/mL)' 
           labelattrs    = (family = "courier new" size = 9.9 pt color = black weight = bold)
           offsetmin     =  .04 
           offsetmax     =  .04; 
     yaxis label         = 'FPE Rate Constant (1/min)' 
	       ranges        = (0 - 0.010 0.011-0.125)
           labelattrs    = (family = "courier new" size = 9.9 pt color = black weight = bold);

format avisitn visf. ;

run; 

Thank you, experts...

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Data would be nice and since you are using a Dattrmap data set then that data set as well.

You range of values is so close that , i.e. making a "break" that is all of 0.001 "units" wide not much use there.

I might be tempted to add another variable for the lower and upper ranges and then use SGPANEL with Panelby using that variable and setting the Uniscale=Column so the "row" ranges could vary between the panels.

With the appropriate added variable something like this would create two panels with approximately equal amount of Y axis for the range of values.  The value of the lower range verticalgroupvariable should be larger than for the top group so that it is placed second in the graph stack. The noheader option supresses have the name and value of the verticalgroupvarible appear at the top of each panel.

proc SGPANNEL data = fpepc0 dattrmap = atmap; 
   Panelyby verticalgroupvariable / uniscale=column columns=1 noheader;
     scatter x = pclog y = fpe / name   = "scatter1" 
	                             group  = avisitn groupdisplay = cluster
                                 attrid = atrid;                                                                                                                          
     xaxis label         = 'Log, Plasma Concentration (ng/mL)' 
           labelattrs    = (family = "courier new" size = 9.9 pt color = black weight = bold)
           offsetmin     =  .04 
           offsetmax     =  .04; 
     yaxis label         = 'FPE Rate Constant (1/min)' 

labelattrs    = (family = "courier new" size = 9.9 pt color = black weight = bold);

format avisitn visf. ;

run; 
davehalltwp
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you, Mr. Ballard.  I will think about that and give it a shot.

Yeah, I know what you mean about not really having enough "spread" in the values to give us a reason to do this.  I just asked the requestors about that a few minutes ago.

Thank you again, you always come through for me..

Ksharp
Super User
/*
Usine LOG scale for Y axis,
if you have extreme obs of Y .
*/
proc sgplot data=sashelp.heart ;
scatter x=height y= weight;
yaxis type=log logbase=10;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation