BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
himself
Pyrite | Level 9
I think sas should add the option under y or x axisopts that indicates whether to have the ticks inside or outside graph in the documentation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

The Proc SGplot Xaxis documentation has a section on the tickstyle= option. Are you talking about something other/different than that?

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/grstatproc/p07m2vpyq75fgan14m6g5pphnwlr.ht...

tickstyle.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Your "question" or rather "suggestion" is not entirely clear.

Are you saying that option is not in the software or not in the documentation (but well in the software)?

I'm sure that option exists (and is most probably documented as well).

[EDIT] : OK, I have read your title again. You are probably "complaining" it's not in the doc, right?

I leave it to others to come up with the option and a link to the doc.

I had a quick 1-minute search but couldn't find it (which does not mean it does not exist!!).

Also, for suggestions on software enhancements there's a separate board especially for that :

Community header > SASWare Ballot

[EDIT] : For DOCU enhancement requests, there's a feedback button in the top right corner :

sbxkoenk_0-1632564729072.png

Kind regards,

Koen

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The option you want is available in GTL as an option to XAXISOPTS or YAXISOPTS.  Use TICKSTYLE=INSIDE. Here is a link to the documentation: Axis Options for LAYOUT OVERLAY

For an example, see this Community thread: "How to get tick marks inside?"

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

The Proc SGplot Xaxis documentation has a section on the tickstyle= option. Are you talking about something other/different than that?

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/grstatproc/p07m2vpyq75fgan14m6g5pphnwlr.ht...

tickstyle.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation