BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Angela53
Obsidian | Level 7

Does anyone know  of a reference that details the complete syntax of ALL SAS graph options? 

Procs such as univariate, boxplot, etc,  list the available graph options, such as "lgrid=x", but I can't find a dictionary that will list each "x" and their meanings.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

This page of SAS/Graph line types Dan posted ... it is one of the few pages I have printed off, and taped to the wall beside my desk! 🙂

(along with SAS/Graph annotate coordinate systems, a US map with the lat/long grid overlaid, and a few others) 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User

This is probably the closest you may find, or at least give you an explanation. 

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=grstatproc&docsetTarget=p16cypqe7k15dbn1537m2rwlvzx9.htm&doc...

I believe most of the proc are now using GTL under the hood to create the graphics so you can usually get the code/template and customize as desired. 

GTL is documented here:

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=grstatug&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&docsetVersion=9.4&locale...

Otherwise, please feel free to ask any questions. 

I would also recommend staying away from any procs such GCHART, GPLOT or PLOT. They're pretty old and you'll get much better quality graphs from SGPLOT and the SG procedures. 

@Angela53 wrote:

Does anyone know  of a reference that details the complete syntax of ALL SAS graph options? 

Procs such as univariate, boxplot, etc,  list the available graph options, such as "lgrid=x", but I can't find a dictionary that will list each "x" and their meanings.

Thanks.

Angela53
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, I'll take a look and try to find what I need.

Angela53
Obsidian | Level 7
My question was about the traditional goptions. I've been using SAS for the past 30+ years and use lots of programs I already have. Usually under tight deadlines, not practical to redo them when all I want is change appearance.
Reeza
Super User
Are you trying to change the appearance of the default ODS graphics or a graph from a SAS/GRAPH procedure. I'm about 90% sure that the ODS graphics are all implemented via GTL now.
Angela53
Obsidian | Level 7
Nope. No ODS. Like I said before, I am an old time user (30+ years) so the most practical thing for me to do is to recycle traditional graphs with goptions.

Can't find manuals for line type etc any more.

The ref you sent me is not clear either anyway.
Reeza
Super User

@Angela53 wrote:
Nope. No ODS. Like I said before, I am an old time user (30+ years) so the most practical thing for me to do is to recycle traditional graphs with goptions.

Can't find manuals for line type etc any more.

The ref you sent me is not clear either anyway.

You're being almost too specific 🙂

The SAS Graph documentation covers the options, I can't find any reference to lgrid=x so I have no idea what you're referring to there. And you mentioned PROC UNIVARIATE and such at the beginning and those graphics are switching to ODS so that's why I referenced those. 

The SAS/GRAPH documentation covers line styles, axis statements. I find it easier to navigate than previously but I can see how it would be hard to navigate as well. I don't know where line type falls under, because it varies depending on the statement being used. 

Line Type?

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=graphref&docsetTarget=annotate_line.htm&docsetVersion=9.4&lo...

SAS\GRAPH

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=graphref&docsetTarget=n0c0j84n1e2jz9n1bhkn41o3v0d6.htm&docse...

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

This page of SAS/Graph line types Dan posted ... it is one of the few pages I have printed off, and taped to the wall beside my desk! 🙂

(along with SAS/Graph annotate coordinate systems, a US map with the lat/long grid overlaid, and a few others) 

Angela53
Obsidian | Level 7

Great site for refs. Already helped me prepare for a very important presentation. Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 in conversation