BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mnithinshetty
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am generating graph using proc template. Customers want graph to be in log scale axis.

So I am using the below line of code in proc template to generate a log scale in X axis and Y axis.

xaxisopts=(label=("<xaxis label>.") type=log logopts=(base=10 tickintervalstyle=logexpand viewmin=0 viewmax=100 tickvalueformat=ratio.).

Then I am formating log scale axis values to 0,1,2,3 as per requirement.

The reference line is to be drawn at 3 for X axis and 2 for Y axis. this is possible in a normal scale graph using referenceline statement proc template.

When I use log scale axis , how do I draw a reference line which is aligning to log scale. I am not very clear how reference line statement behave with log scale axis. 

Could you please suggest.

Please see the attachment.

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Many of us will not download Microsoft Office documents because they are a security threat. Please include whatever you are trying to show us directly in your reply, and not as an attachment.

--
Paige Miller
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Here's a screen capture of the graphs in the Word document:

log_graph.png

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Is there any particular reason you're using a custom template? If not, I would recommend using the standard Proc SGplot. Here's an example (using random data, since I don't have your data):

data foo;
do loop = 1 to 200;
 x=ranuni(123)*3;
 y=ranuni(123)*3;
 output;
 end;
run;

title "Log plot, with reflines at x=3 and y=2";
proc sgplot data=foo;
scatter x=x y=y;
xaxis values=(0.01, 1, 2, 3) type=log;
yaxis values=(0.01, 1, 2, 3) type=log;
refline 3 / axis=x lineattrs=(pattern=dot color=gray88);
refline 2 / axis=y lineattrs=(pattern=dot color=gray88);
run;

log_plot.png

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

The values specified on the REFLINE statement are treated as LINEAR values, not LOG values. If your goal to put a reference line at LOG(3), then you will need to calculate the value of LOG(3) and use that value on the reference line.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation