BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sueshaw
Obsidian | Level 7

I am new to SGPLOT, thank for help.

I want to output a band with (ll uu)xval. but the following statements produced different result... 

1) band x=val lower=ll upper=uu / fill outline transparency=0.3;

2) series x=val y=ll /lineattrs=(pattern=dash color=black) ;
    series x=val y=uu /lineattrs=(pattern=dash color=black);

I also want to add symbol at val*estimate,  and draw a line with lower and upper bar on some of x values

series x=val2 y=estimate2 /group=dose grouporder=data lineattrs=(pattern=solid) markers datalabel=xlab;
scatter x=val2 y=estimate2/group=dose grouporder=data yerrorupper=uu2 yerrorlower=ll2 ;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sueshaw
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your help.

I need to have x2axis display=none; because I dont want to show value on x axis.

instead, I only want want to show some values (val2).

I used your recommendation, and problem solved.

I added

1) series x=val y=ll/transparency=1 

2) series x=val y=uu/transparency=1;  

please find my final output attached.

note: I used sganno to add label to x axis, that's other problems that I need to work on.... 

thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@sueshaw wrote:

I am new to SGPLOT, thank for help.

I want to output a band with (ll uu)xval. but the following statements produced different result... 

1) band x=val lower=ll upper=uu / fill outline transparency=0.3;

2) series x=val y=ll /lineattrs=(pattern=dash color=black) ;
    series x=val y=uu /lineattrs=(pattern=dash color=black);

What different result? Show us.

I also want to add symbol at val*estimate,  and draw a line with lower and upper bar on some of x values

series x=val2 y=estimate2 /group=dose grouporder=data lineattrs=(pattern=solid) markers datalabel=xlab;
scatter x=val2 y=estimate2/group=dose grouporder=data yerrorupper=uu2 yerrorlower=ll2 ;

What happened when you tried? Show us.

--
Paige Miller
sueshaw
Obsidian | Level 7

I have attached my program  and 2 outputs..

help will be greatly appreciated.

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

There does seem to be an issue to be investigated. However, I can give you a workaround:

proc sgplot data=resp_1 noautolegend; 
    series x=val y=ll / transparency=1;
    band x=val lower=ll upper=uu / fill outline transparency=0.3 x2axis;
    x2axis display=none;
    xaxis label="xlab" display=none;
    yaxis label="ylab" ;   
 run;  

Hope this helps!

Dan

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

A colleague here at work spotted the issue -- The X2AXIS option on the BAND plot (sorry I missed that). Having the BAND on a different xaxis from the scatter plot causes your misalignment because the two axes will have different ranges (your band has a longer range than you scatter plot). Just remove that option, and you should be fine.

Thanks!
Dan

sueshaw
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your help.

I need to have x2axis display=none; because I dont want to show value on x axis.

instead, I only want want to show some values (val2).

I used your recommendation, and problem solved.

I added

1) series x=val y=ll/transparency=1 

2) series x=val y=uu/transparency=1;  

please find my final output attached.

note: I used sganno to add label to x axis, that's other problems that I need to work on.... 

thank you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation