BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
epi_econ_code
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, 
I am trying to create a map using the gmap procedure. I was able to successfully create the map as shown in the attached images. However, the block option allows us to create a 3-D map and the journal I want to publish this in does not accept 3-D graphs. How can I show the counts of the facilities that is shown using the block option in a 2-D format? Basically, how can I incorporate the information coming from two response variables in a choropleth map?Help to change this block into a 2-D mapHelp to change this block into a 2-D map

4 REPLIES 4
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

In this paper they use GCHART and add a bar chart with VBAR.  Starts on page 12. That might help.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/215-2009.pdf

- Peter

GregTreiman
SAS Employee

You could also consider using the SGMAP procedure and layering a bubble map on top of a choropleth map background. The result would look something like this:

GregTreiman_0-1714405640604.png

I would probably actually recommend displaying the same information in two separate choropleth maps: one for % households and one for # of meal programs. Sometimes a simple map does a better job communicating the point, and viewers might find it easier to notice patterns comparing two maps of the same type side-by-side instead of trying to compare a bar and a choropleth map.

epi_econ_code
Fluorite | Level 6
Not sure how to code for adding the count as bubble (I am new to using PROC GMAP)
I used the following code to get the current map: legend1 label=(f=swissb j=c '% of households who need meals') across=4 down=2 frame position=(top center
inside);
legend2 label=(f=swissb j=c 'Number of school meal programs') across=3 down=1 frame position=(bottom center
inside);
title h=4 f=swissb 'Availability of meal programs and percentage of households in need';
proc gmap data = ccs2019 map=maps.us ;

id state;
area les_tert/legend=legend1;
block ccs_count/levels=3 legend=legend2 ;
format les_tert les_tert.;
run;
quit;
epi_econ_code
Fluorite | Level 6

@GraphGuy I came across your solution for other graph-related questions. Is this something you can help with? I really would appreciate it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation