BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dsam
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to show numeric values on Y axis and X axis with values like Hbase, Hwk20,Hwk38, Ebase, Ewk20,Ewk38. I need to draw solid lines for values Hbase, Hwk20, Hwk38 but show dash lines for Ebase,Ewk20, Ewk38.

7 REPLIES 7
dsam
Fluorite | Level 6
I checked all the graphs , it doesn't have what I am looking for
ballardw
Super User

Not opening DOCX files from any unknown source.

You can insert images into a post using the camera icon above the message window.

Provide data that you want graphed.

Actually your description of different color/line types based on the value of a variable(?) is a GROUP=thatvariablename

option and if you want specific combinations then perhaps look at examples using a DATTRMAP data set to provide attributes for graph elements based on the values of the group variable.

Or use the Series plot options GROUPLC and GROUPLP to point to a variable that you add to your data set to use for the color and the line pattern.

The following link shows creating a data set with variables to plot and additional variable to control line color with the Grouplc option.

https://support.sas.com/kb/52/964.html

dsam
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes to this part of code but main issue is I need to show present study data with solid line and future study data with dashline continuous
dsam
Fluorite | Level 6

I have attached my code along with output i am getting. I would like to dispplay lines as dash lines when my visits on x axis are EBASE, EWK20, EWK38, etc. Also I want to control colors for the grouping variable 

Ksharp
Super User
data have;
 set sashelp.stocks;
 keep stock date close;
run;
proc sort data=have;
by date stock;
run;
proc transpose data=have out=want;
by date;
id stock;
var close;
run;
data want;
 set want end=last;
 group=ifc(date>='01jan1998'd,'Future','Actual');
 label group='02'x;
 if last then do;text1='IBM';text2='Intel';end;
run;

ods graphics/attrpriority=none;
proc sgplot data=want;
styleattrs  datalinepatterns=(solid dash);
series x=date y=IBM/group=group   lineattrs=(thickness=2px color=red) name='a' ;
series x=date y=Intel/group=group  lineattrs=(thickness=2px color=green);
scatter x=date y=IBM /markerattrs=(size=0) datalabel=text1 datalabelattrs=(color=red size=12) datalabelpos=right;
scatter x=date y=Intel /markerattrs=(size=0) datalabel=text2 datalabelattrs=(color=green size=12) datalabelpos=right;

refline '01jan1998'd/axis=x;
keylegend 'a' /location=inside across=1 position=ne;
run;

Ksharp_0-1699507886728.png

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation