BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

Hello all,

I'm working on building a circular plot for a TFL at my company, but they want to have the titles/footnotes embedded in the figure.  As such I would prefer to have the final image size be 10in wide x about 7in tall (landscape in an RTF file).  However because the figure itself is circular (Sunburst chart) it becomes oval if the height and width aren't set to be the same.  Is there any way to tell GTL that I want the actual graph space to only be 5in wide but let the ENTRYTITLE/ENTRYFOOTNOTE use the entire 10in of the graph?

Note the example below is not real data.

example.png

The only way I've thought about doing it was taking the requested height and finding the difference between width and height (e.g. 10in-7in=3in) and adding a column in front of and behind the main plot with a lattice LAYOUT and making these additional columns blanks.

For example:
layout lattice / columns=3 columnweights=(0.15 0.7 0.15); 

Any advice welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Setting ASPECTRATIO=1 on the LAYOUT OVERLAY might keep things circular for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Hint: To see if we can suggest changes to your code we need ALL of the code. Better would be to also provide an example data set that the code can use. Data is best shared as working data step code.

You should also include ALL ODS GRAPHICS options in effect and since you specify RTF the ODS RTF or Tagsets.rtf options as well.

One of the things that might accomplish what you want, if I understand, is to use actual Title/Footnote statements for the graph instead of Entrytitle/Entryfootnote with the RTF option NOGTITLE. When you use Nogtitle with ODS RTF the title statements are not displayed in the graphics area but in the body of the RTF document. May need to also use Bodytitle option. So the title is using document margins instead of graphic margins and you could use a square graphic area.

Instructions here: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... will show how to turn an existing SAS data set into data step code that can be pasted into a forum code box using the </> icon or attached as text to show exactly what you have and that we can test code against.

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Setting ASPECTRATIO=1 on the LAYOUT OVERLAY might keep things circular for you.

JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11
Wow that is slick. It worked very well even when I had multiple Sunburst plots in a lattice layout. Wish I had known about that option sooner.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation