BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I have a newer position with a company that uses Enterprise Guide (7.12 HF7 (7.100.2.3491) (64-bit)) with SAS 9.4M3.  I did not use EG with my previous employer so I'm trying to figure out differences.  At the moment I'm having trouble making Enterprise Guide create an image in PDF as a scalable vector graph. Running code I've used before results in a rasterized image instead of a vectorized one. When I run the same code in SAS Studio (which runs on the same Linux servers) I get the expected vector image.

ods pdf file='location/eg_test.pdf' notoc bookmarkgen=no;
ods graphics /reset outputfmt=static;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
    scatter x=height y=weight;
run;
ods pdf close;

I ran PROC OPTSAVE and did a comparison between the two but didn't see any significant differences in option settings, and I'm not seeing this issue when searching.  Is there something in EG that is preventing the vectorized image?  I have the two PDF images below for comparison.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Looks like there are some major differences in the graphic-options. Check goption "device", is it set to svg?

proc goptions option=device;run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Looks like there are some major differences in the graphic-options. Check goption "device", is it set to svg?

proc goptions option=device;run;
JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11
Thank you. I did a comparison of sashelp.voption and sashelp.vgopts as well and didn't see anything significant. The GOPTION device was set to ACTIVEX. I tried changing this to SVG and it made the vector graph in PDF successfully. Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation