BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agesser
Fluorite | Level 6

hi,

is this possible to use proc SQL inside the data step creation of alerts we are writing.
and if yes, we create table there and trying to use this table after that , but we receive that table doesn't exist. Also we are trying to create in work or any caslib.
So for now we just trying to understand if this is possible to use proc sql create table and use this after that (in Data Step in VI)

Thanks a lot.

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not familiar with the limitations/structure of VI/AML, so this is a answer fro a more generic standpoint.

You cannot place SQL statements inside a traditional data step.

However, if you have the ability to use PROC DS2, you can combine SQL and data step statements there.

When it comes to your "does not exist" problem, I suggest that you share any logs, screenshots etc to describe what you are doing and what happens when.

Data never sleeps
agesser
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @LinusH  for your answer.

However, the question is specific for VI.
Data Step of VI is not exactly the Data Step of regular SAS.

_austin_
SAS Employee

Sorry, you cannot run procs within a DATA Step Scenario at this time. The code that you put in the scenario is fed to the CAS DATA Step action, so it can only include DATA statements.

agesser
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks @_austin_ 
No option for PROC DS2 as well?
Alex.

_austin_
SAS Employee
Hi @agesser, that's correct; that is not supported today. I have added it to the list of potential new features.