BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mazi
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I've recently begun using SAS VI v10.8 on Viya 3.5, and I'm still finding my feet.

I have two entities. One external, and the other internal. A relationship has been configured between these entities.

I'd like to use a workflow to update some of the fields in the internal case entity, using information that's stored in the external entity. 

Essentially, copying over some of the fields from the external entity.

My thinking is to use a REST API call or script task to achieve this, though I am not sure how to go about it.

Any assistance or examples would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mazi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FMinago
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Mazi

You can use REST Api to do that. Please see the screenshot below that demonstrates how you can retrieve the customer (External Ent.) information and update it into the Inquiry (Internal Ent.) fields using REST API task.

FMinago_0-1709886314233.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FMinago
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Mazi

You can use REST Api to do that. Please see the screenshot below that demonstrates how you can retrieve the customer (External Ent.) information and update it into the Inquiry (Internal Ent.) fields using REST API task.

FMinago_0-1709886314233.png

Mazi
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, FMinago!

Thank you so much for your response, I truly appreciate you taking the time to assist me with this problem.

I just had one more question, the svi_inquiry_id in your example, where is that obtained from? 

FMinago
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Mazy

svi_inquiry_id is a WF variable and obtained from Inquiry Id field (Internal entity field) in START Event of the workflow, please see the screenshots below:

FMinago_0-1709887414110.png

FMinago_1-1709887548519.png

Mazi
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you for this! IYou have been so helpful. Much appreciated. Ill give this a go on my end
FMinago
Fluorite | Level 6
Great. Good luck

Felix Milkin
Founding Partner | Minago<>
Tel: +972-52-6678798 | email: fmilkin@minago.io

[Shape Description automatically generated with low confidence]

[cid:image002.png@01DA714B.1AA926F0]

Mazi
Quartz | Level 8
Hey Felix,

I tried using your example, but I get the following error message:

The service task "REST Service" failed. The remote call was unsuccessful. Contact your system administrator. Reason: The server could not find the resource.

This is my REST CALL: /svi-datahub/documents/SMCCHC/{svi_smcchc_id}/CUSTOMER_SMCCHC

Where svi_smcchc_id is an internal entity field which is the primary key used in the relationship
SMCCHC is the internal entity name in Postgres
And CUSTOMER_SMCCHC is the relationship qualified name.

Any ideas?