BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LbiLk
Calcite | Level 5

Dear experts,

Looking for an idea or suggestion for maintaining configuration between UAT and PROD environment for FM solution.

Currently, users with privileges can directly make adjustments to some configurations (transaction grids, strategy, queue etc.) on PROD environment. They do not apply the same changes to UAT afterward, so the configurations between these two environments are not equal.

Would like to hear if there is any suggestion for checking these unequal configurations instead of exporting SOR tables and compare them manually? Also, if there is any suggestion or idea to maintain configurations between environments to be as much equivalent as possible.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
GarethSnookSAS
SAS Employee

Hello, i would recommend an update to your internal change procedures to ensure that all changes are done on UAT first, tested/approved, and only then, that change put into Production. I agree, its vital that environments are kept as equal as possible for correct and efficient testing.
It also hugely helps our support team, support you, when issues surface, keeping clear change records in place.
Ensure Production changes are only made by approved staff, and as I say, only once approved in UAT first.
Thanks for the post.