BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
avinashjha1787
Calcite | Level 5

SAS VI Indexer - Performance improvement and API return

Hi

I am triggering SVI Indexer via API call from batch mode.

1. The API indexer takes a lot of time for indexing all entities and the time increases each day with new data load. How can I fine tune the performance ? Any guide on implementing Incremental Indexing ?

2. Is there any way to capture when the indexing triggered via API call is complete, it would be helpful to trigger next job. Currently I am just using sleep function to hold the next job.

3 REPLIES 3
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi 

1. Use this example program: ".../sas/spre/home/SASFoundation/ucmacros/amlcoresrv/fcf_post_index_etl.sas" combined with this docuentation: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/compcdc/8.2/visgatorag/n1qumm1bvz5hi5n1c6qp962o725i.htm and you should be able to create a batch job that does an incremental update. See screenshot of a program (part of it) that I made. 

2. Might not be needed if you get above to work, very fast update. Otherwise you can probably make a query to the e.g. indext.dh_batch_job_execution table to query the status of the index job and trigger the next job based on the result. 

The Zencos team can help you if you need more guidance. 

avinashjha1787
Calcite | Level 5
Hi @Erik_Zencos

Thanks for the suggestion. I observe that not ALL entities are getting Indexed Incrementally. Few of them are still indexing full load.
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

Glad I could be of help. If you have any concerns I would look at this log: root_folder/sas/viya/config/var/log/svi-indexer/default/sas-svi-indexer_xxxx.log

or take a closer look at the tables in the postgres schema "svi_indexer".