BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
qq77
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

To provide some context: I have a ‘Case’ internal parent entity, and each case, I can be investigating multiple ‘Stores’. As such, I have created a child entity called ‘Store’. In my ‘Store’ internal child entity table, I have the following fields:

1. StoreName

2. StoreStatus

3. ClosureDate

4. ErrorMessage

in my workflow, I am currently trying to create a task that compares ‘ClosureDate’ with today’s date. If ‘ClosureDate’ is earlier than today, then 'ClosureDate' should become NULL and 'ErrorMessage' should be 'Your date should not be later than today'.

May I know what is the best approach to do this? Using REST service or write a Script Task? Could I also have a detailed guide on how to go about doing this?

Thank you all!

1 REPLY 1
alkrue
SAS Employee

This is what I imagine you are going for from your description. Your use case requires a mix of Rest calls and script tasks. One note, however, is that this check will only execute once per workflow run per object, and will not serve as a persistant validation for the date fields of child objects.

An ideal use case for this design is if all the child objects are created, then this workflow is run, correcting all the invalid fields.

alkrue_0-1687206336432.png