BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gabriel_Lores
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I'm working with Visual Investigator 10.6, building Internal Entities and workfows. I need to bring data from a previous object of the same Entity. 

Example: user is working on Case 100 (id=100). I need my workflow to provide user with data taken from Case 99. 

Is there any Rest API that can help me with this? Any orientation will be very welcomed.

5 REPLIES 5
mtlppe
SAS Employee

Hi Gabriel Lores,

You should be able to issue a GET document request to DataHub in order to retrieve the details about a previous case. This can also be done as a REST Service task via Workflow. 

Do you know the ID of the previous case? If it is always sequential, it should be possible to issue a script task to parse the current ID of the case and subtract one. 

Cheers,

Paulius. 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Gabriel_Lores
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Paulus.

I thought it more or less in the way you suggested.

I experienced with this kind of GET request to datahub (in a Rest Service Task): //10.1.1.98/svi-datahub/documents/Solicitante?id=9  (where Solicitante is my Entity and 9 is the last object). But I couldn't find the way to make it work.

I could make it work when I used this kind of GET request: https://10.1.1.98/svi-datahub/links?_relationshipName=Solicitante&_fromEntityTypeName=Test2&_entityT...

However I need the first kind of request to solve my problem. 

One more thing: what happens if my Entity does not have a sequential ID but a GUID kind of ID? 

Thank you again for your help!!!

Gabriel

mtlppe
SAS Employee

Hi Gabriel,

You almost got it right! It should have been  //10.1.1.98/svi-datahub/documents/Solicitante/9 instead of ?id=9

Assuming your entity is indexed for search and is not using sequential IDs, you could issue a search and sort the results by created time field. Let me know if you need more details on this approach. 

Cheers,

Paulius. 

Gabriel_Lores
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, Paulus.

Definitely, I will need more detail about the approach you suggest for not sequential ID. In this case, I will be using a not sequential ID for the Entity in general, and my problem is that within that Entity, users want a sequential ID for a report they want to print in PDF. So, they expect VI to bring the next ID number for that report. So, I have to search for the last Entity's object, look for the last number used for that report (recorded in the Entity) and add up 1. It is like to have a new ID within the Entity for this report.

Thank you again and best regards,

Gabriel

mtlppe
SAS Employee
Hi Gabriel,

You would need to issue a search query to svi-sand-service that sorts by creation timestamp field.

As the Visual Investigator REST API is not yet public, may I suggest contacting Technical Support via https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html and we can discuss it in more details.

Cheers,
Paulius Peciura.