BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JeanDo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I want in Visual Investigator 10.6 to attach a bunch of PDF to several elements of an entity (let's say 'test' entity). I know how to do that manually, but I have a lot of uploads to do and I would like to automatize this task with code. Do you have some experience or advice to do so? I suppose I have to use REST API calls, but I don't know which they are actually.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

JD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mtlppe
SAS Employee
Hi JD,

Given that Visual Investigator API is not public, I am afraid Technical Support is the best approach here so that we could share further details.

Cheers,
Paulius.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mtlppe
SAS Employee

Hi JD,

Yes, this is possible to do through a number of API calls. Since attachments within VI are secured with extra authorization, you would need to upload files to a specific folder through the Files REST API and then attach the file through DataHub REST API. 

There is a documentation I wrote up, describing on how to do this in more detail. However, I am afraid this is not a public facing document. Could you please contact Technical Support via https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html and we should be able to help you. 

Cheers,
Paulius Peciura. 

JeanDo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Paulius,

Thank you for your response, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I understand there is no public documentation about that, but could you help me on the first REST API call, to upload files to a specific folder? I think I will be able to achieve the second one.

Cheers,

JD

mtlppe
SAS Employee
Hi JD,

Given that Visual Investigator API is not public, I am afraid Technical Support is the best approach here so that we could share further details.

Cheers,
Paulius.

JeanDo
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,
I get the response from the support, thank you for your help.

Cheers,
JD