BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iakrim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I have an external Entity "Claims" attached to my internal entity "Investigation Case" that changes state using a workflow when end users start investigating. 
Well I'm required to notify other external tools at some level in the workflow using fields from "Investigation Case" the problem is that some REST calls ask to specify the ID of the "Claims" Entity which is crutial to the sharing of information in the other envorinement. 
How can I integrate a field from "Claims" into the workflow of "Investigation Case" knowing that i already have a relationship between these two entities?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
angela_c
SAS Employee

There are a couple options where you can use workflows along with REST service/Script Tasks to retrieve the data you need.

From the 'Investigation Case' workflow, you can issue REST calls to the entity 'Claims' object in order to retrieve the data required into workflow variables that can be used later in the process.

Another option is to drive the updates from a workflow running against the entity 'Claims'. This workflow can update the 'Investigation Case' entity itself with the extended field data using REST calls. The new fields would be added to the 'Investigation Case' entity and can then be directly used in its workflow.

Fraud & Compliance R&D have requested similar support for the workflow to read from/write to other entity objects as part of the workflow process; however this would have to be prioritized by Product Mgmt. 

iakrim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi angela, 

Thanks for the reply. For the rest API you mentionned is there a native rest api for related objects ? or should it be develloped to work alongside with VI. 
This feature is crutial to the REST API nodes in the workflow since all the clients that have VI are required to make API calls regarding external entities and not VI internal ones. 

angela_c
SAS Employee

There are a set of APIs available. It would be best to contact technical support to help walk through these API scenarios you need for the workflow REST Service nodes.