BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bartoszkutyla
SAS Employee

We've build a log scanner which make use of de viya job api through the following code:

%let base_uri=%sysfunc(getoption(SERVICESBASEURL));

proc http method=get oauth_bearer = sas_services
url="&base_uri/jobExecution/jobs/?limit=3000"
out=jobrec;
run;

Starting from the end of September, it sometimes gives an error. The cause of this error is the fact that the api give a html status 500 internal server.

I have replicated using api calls from curl.

curl -o results https://xxx.ondemand.sas.com/jobExecution/jobs/?limit=3000 --cacert xxxx -H "Authorization: Bearer $BEARER_TOKEN"

if the result is smaller (limit set to <1000) I can get results almost immediately and for each call, for bigger results we are getting htt500.

I run the same in the loop and around 10% calls were successfull;

The output in size is around 60mb (slightly less) with limits starting from 1000.
The maximum size with limit 3000 (used by customer) is 59.8mb

-rw-r--r-- 1 splbrk UsersGrp 59629324 Nov 2 04:31 results (limit 1000)
-rw-r--r-- 1 splbrk UsersGrp 60200103 Nov 2 04:31 results2 (limit 1200)
-rw-r--r-- 1 splbrk UsersGrp 62686500 Nov 2 04:41 results3 (limit 3000)

I would say that ~60mb is something that doesnt make happy our calls even this is still very small output.

Is there any limit? Any options to steer? I have found in tessa similar issue but for Viya 3.5

Best Regards,

Bartosz

1 REPLY 1
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @bartoszkutyla,

I don't know of any limits. This issues most likely will take some investigation based on your SAS Viya environment. I would recommend opening a service ticket with tech support for this investigation. Tech support may be aware of limitations.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation