BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

I am trying to register an application using the following python code: 

headers = {
    'Content-Type': 'application/json',
    'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + IDtoken ,
}

data = { "client_id": "myclientid",
        "client_secret": "myclientsecret",
        "scope": ["openid", "group1"],
        "authorized_grant_types": ["authorization_code","refresh_token"],
        "redirect_uri": "urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob" }

I have one custom group in Viya that I want to include in scope, in addition to "openid". Am I supposed to use the group name or the group ID in the request? The group name is something like MF_modelfactory_RW, and group id is, by happenstance, "group1" (just as the example code).   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Ullsokk,

The value for 'scope' in your code should be the group ID. This would be as it appears in SAS Environment Manager.

I took a look in my EM instance and see Name: Esri Users and ID: EsriUsers. In this instance I'd use EsriUsers in the scope.

Here's a link to a SASGF paper on OAuth and Viya. I consider it my go to for questions. Perhaps you will find it of use, if you'd not already discovered it.

Thanks,

Joe

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XLIII, The New SAS Developer Portal
Wednesday, August 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Ullsokk,

The value for 'scope' in your code should be the group ID. This would be as it appears in SAS Environment Manager.

I took a look in my EM instance and see Name: Esri Users and ID: EsriUsers. In this instance I'd use EsriUsers in the scope.

Here's a link to a SASGF paper on OAuth and Viya. I consider it my go to for questions. Perhaps you will find it of use, if you'd not already discovered it.

Thanks,

Joe

Ullsokk
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you!

Is this (the fact that group ID as opposed to name is expected) explicitly stated somewhere official? Just wondering I am missing some major part of the documentation, as I can't find this in writing anywhere

alancox
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Ullsokk 

there's some good examples (& similar questions) in this SAS blog post by @joeFurbee  :

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2019/01/25/authentication-to-sas-viya/

Alan

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Ullsokk,

In addition to the post @alancox mentions, you can refer to @MikeRoda 's SASGF paper: OpenID Connect Opens the Door to SAS Viya APIs. I checked with Mike before I originally answered your question. He's the true SME on OAuth.

Thanks,

Joe

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation