BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am trying to run the SAS stored process report where  it will ask prompts for data,variable values.
Based on the user prompt selection,the  report will run and downloads report using excel sheet.

So excel sheet downloads fine if we select multiple prompt values like 'A','B'.. for variable prompt
but not works for single variable value like only 'A' prompt value and excel gets downloaded but gives errors while opening excel as below

"the file can not be opened because of errors the errors are listed in temproray internet file "

we are creating variable prompt as below

prompt type :text

Methods for populating prompt : user select values from a static list
Number Of values : multiple values (defined added 'A' ,'B' under list of values)

3 REPLIES 3
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Try adding a parameter named _DEBUG with a value of log,trace, and then look in the SAS log to see if there are errors that need to be corrected.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

JJP1
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Vince,

I am new to SAS stored processs,so may i request to please help how can we add the debug option please.

Thanks

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

How you set the parameter depends on how you are executing the stored process.  You can add a new parameter to the stored process named _DEBUG and specify log,trace for the default value.  Or if you are executing the stored process by directly accessing a URL, then add &_DEBUG=log,trace to the end of the URL.

Here is some documentation that might help:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=stpug&docsetTarget=dbgsrvlt.htm&docsetVersion=9.4#n15ji04...

If you still need assistance with this, then I suggest that you open a track with our technical support department:

https://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation