BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TinyToons
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys,

I'm using SAS IOM Data OLEDB Provider 9.45 to connect to a SAS Workspace Server 9.4.

This provider was installed at the same time as SAS Enterprise Guide.

I have the following error message:

The connexion failed (0x80004005) unspecified error.

Have you ever encountered this error? Could you help me to troubleshoot and fix it?

Below, you could see the content of the udl file and the screenshots of the Data Link Properties I use for this connexion (I replaced the real workspace erver name and port for privacy).

[oledb]
; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring
Provider=sas.IOMProvider.9.45;Password=passsss;User ID=<UserName>;Data Source=iom-bridge://<Server FQDN>:<Port>;Mode=ReadWrite|Share Deny None;Authentication Type="";SAS Cell Cache Size=10000;

Screenshot 2021-12-17 110512.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-17 110633.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-17 110551.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-17 110729.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JM_Poilane
SAS Employee

Indeed this customer opened a Support track for this issue and here is the solution :

We proposed to use latest corresponding "SAS Providers for OLE DB" (thus for TS1M6) software available here :
https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=64
Therefore version 9.48 (november 2018)

This solved the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JM_Poilane
SAS Employee

Indeed this customer opened a Support track for this issue and here is the solution :

We proposed to use latest corresponding "SAS Providers for OLE DB" (thus for TS1M6) software available here :
https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=64
Therefore version 9.48 (november 2018)

This solved the problem.

TinyToons
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Jean-Marie for this update and solution.

Even if we have not find the root cause, the installation and the use of the last corresponding version of the SAS OLEDB Providers fixed our issue.

Have an amazing day!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation