BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Is version 3.3 instance of SAS Cloud Analytic Services (CAS) included in the trial version of SAS Visual Analytics ???

I want to test the Recommender System described Here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Thierry95,

I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this. Based on how the filesystem of the trial is set up, you need to use the FILESRVC Access method in the filename statement. 

Here is sample code you should be able to use to resolve the file not found issue you encountered:

cas casauto;

libname mycas cas sessref=casauto;

filename books filesrvc folderpath="/Users/jofurb@sas.com/My Folder/" 
  filename="bxbooks.csv" contenttype='text/csv' lrecl=32767;

Make sure to replace the file path as needed. After successfully running these statements, I was able to proceed with the data steps to prepare and load data. After running the first data step you can verify the success by running the following code:

proc cas;
  table.fetch table="books";
run;

Hope this helps you move forward with the recommender sample.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XL, SAS Innovate 2024 Recap
Wednesday, May 15, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Thierry95,

All SAS Viya Trials are on version 3.4, so you should be good on trying the  Recommender System.

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ,

I'm just beginning SAS, I just tried to test the Recommender system and it failed on reading data (Physical file does not exist). Can you tell me if the problem related to the trial version.

And thank you very much.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Thierry95

I took a look at the repo on GitHub and the code is expecting the file to be there already; however, there are no instructions in the README on where to get the files. On this SAS documentation page (which may be helpful to you in your Trial) you will find a link to the csv's used in the example.

I am creating a pull request on the GitHub repo to include the file locations. Good Luck!

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ;

Thank you very much for your support, I'm using the same files you mentionned and I'm working now to secceed the import.

Best Regards,

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

As I said, I'm using the same files used in the Recommender System, and I described absolutely my problem in this post, if you have an advise for me I will be very grateful Mr. @joeFurbee .

Thank you

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Thierry95,

The documentation link that I sent in the last response will walk you through the entire Recommender System exercise. From setup to running various recommendation examples.

If you are continuing to have the upload issue, have you updated this SAS code?

filename books '/path/to/BX-Books.csv' encoding="wlatin1" lrecl=32767;

You will need to replace the /path/to/ part with the actual path to where you uploaded the csv files.

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ,

This is exactly what I did, It is shown below (on trial version I uploaded the CSV but it is not recognized physically) :

filename books '/Users/chaabolla30@gmail.com/My Folder/Data/BX-books.csv' encoding="wlatin1" lrecl=32767;

Is the method used good to have access to the file path or not ?

Thank you very much.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

@Thierry95, I was able to replicate your issue using the same csv files in my own env. I'm working with a couple of people on uncovering the root of the problem. I'll let you know what I find out.

joeFurbee
Community Manager

Hi @Thierry95,

I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this. Based on how the filesystem of the trial is set up, you need to use the FILESRVC Access method in the filename statement. 

Here is sample code you should be able to use to resolve the file not found issue you encountered:

cas casauto;

libname mycas cas sessref=casauto;

filename books filesrvc folderpath="/Users/jofurb@sas.com/My Folder/" 
  filename="bxbooks.csv" contenttype='text/csv' lrecl=32767;

Make sure to replace the file path as needed. After successfully running these statements, I was able to proceed with the data steps to prepare and load data. After running the first data step you can verify the success by running the following code:

proc cas;
  table.fetch table="books";
run;

Hope this helps you move forward with the recommender sample.

Thierry95
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @joeFurbee ,

Thank you very much for your support. I'm loading the data successfully ! 

I wish all the best for you.

Best Regards.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation