BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hulksmash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

I am having some trouble that doesn't seem to makes sense to me.  I have a complex macro in SAS that creates multiple tables and outputs before getting the final results (two html tables and two data tables) all other output/tables are dropped in the macro.  I am able to run this on the SASHELP.cars data set for testing in EG fine and it finishes in seconds.  However, when i try and execute it from the STP WRS on the same dataset, it spins and never shows my output or log or anything.  It spins until the server timeout.   Any thoughts on why this is?   I would share the code but it is very long and not sure if that would help here because it runs and has been thoroughly tested to work in EG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hulksmash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.  The two outputs are a proc means output with no modifications, the second output is proc print of a table created using multiple proc sql, proc transpose, and data steps.  I have isolated the proc means on the test data set and it worked no problem.

SOLUTION FOUND:  It appears that the issue was caused by using SAS Data Quality Server functions ("dqpattern" in this case).  I am able to run them and load the QKB in EG fine but for some reason I am unable to run them in WRS in a stored process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Without specifics it is hard to determine. I would likely start at how you are telling the output to get places. WRS is different in general.

Second would be to examine the code, find the bit that actually generates the output and isolate that for testing with known data.

"Complex Multi-step macro" just from the description sort of makes me cringe. Generally I separate data creation for any report writing so debugging of output issues is somewhat easier. As well as isolating destination specific behavior.

A programming maxim I learned in the very first class I took:

You'll spend 90 percent of your time getting the data correct and the other 90 percent getting the output as desired.

Yes that adds to 180 percent, that's the point. Output appearance control, destinations and such can take as much work as the data part, if not more.

hulksmash
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply.  The two outputs are a proc means output with no modifications, the second output is proc print of a table created using multiple proc sql, proc transpose, and data steps.  I have isolated the proc means on the test data set and it worked no problem.

SOLUTION FOUND:  It appears that the issue was caused by using SAS Data Quality Server functions ("dqpattern" in this case).  I am able to run them and load the QKB in EG fine but for some reason I am unable to run them in WRS in a stored process.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation