BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
finral11
Calcite | Level 5

Hey everyone!

I am new to analytics (pursuing an MS in Business Analytics) and would love to know if there is a cheat sheet out there with all the codes for SAS!

Tia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@finral11 wrote:

I am new to analytics (pursuing an MS in Business Analytics) and would love to know if there is a cheat sheet out there with all the codes for SAS!

All the codes for SAS? That's like thousands, or bajillions. Somewhere in that range.

Here are a few links to the SAS documentation:

Search SAS 9.4 Documentation

Alphabetical list of all SAS PROCs

Alphabetical list of all SAS Statements

Alphabetical list of all SAS Functions

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

SAS is probably a lot larger than you realize 

Here's a good starting place Programming Documentation for SAS® 9.4 and SAS® Viya® 3.5 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@finral11 wrote:

All the codes for SAS? That's like thousands, or bajillions. Somewhere in that range.

Here are a few links to the SAS documentation:

Search SAS 9.4 Documentation

Alphabetical list of all SAS PROCs

Alphabetical list of all SAS Statements

Alphabetical list of all SAS Functions

--
Paige Miller
AlanC
Barite | Level 11

As others have mentioned, SAS is enormous. How big (I made this awhile back and it is generalized)? :

• ~600  Functions
  • ~300  FORMATs
  • ~100  INFORMATS
  • ~600  System options
  • ~400  PROCs

I would use The Little SAS Book and learn from that. SAS is very, very approachable. Understand the data step and simple exercises and the rest can be had over time. SAS is way too big to create simple cheat sheets although someone may have. Data step and a handful of procs are very useful.

One other thing, some procs have an entire book written about them. Stay focused on a few simple ones and move into others if needed.

https://github.com/savian-net

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation