BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sore_dude_1217
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to parallelize one process in Python which is part of a SAS Intelligent decision Tool (SAS Viya 3.5). The python code file is part of a decision flow and the calculation I am trying to run in parallel is a calculation that includes numpy arrays.

I have tried to using concurrent.futures and its predecessor multiprocess. Both libraries require the script being executed to be directly executed in the interpreter (__name__ == '__main__') , which (based on what I've tried so far) is not possible as the script is nested in a decision flow object. 

Has anyone any recommendation on how to parallelize python code within a decision flow running in Micro Analytics Service (MAS)? If not, are you aware of any other way to increase the performance of calculations with numpy arrays?

Thank you in advance!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation