BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JoeSigler
SAS Employee

Hello all!

In Intelligent Decisioning, is it possible to pass parameters to custom functions? i.e. variables that are not in_out variables that are already in the decision.

2 REPLIES 2
kuttahai585
Calcite | Level 5
The research unit of my previous degree (quant business) was called decision science and had applied stat, operations research (OR), data science and information systems engineering under it. All these domains are focused on optimising (business) decisions in similar but very distinct ways.

ernestjessee
SAS Employee

While you cannot insert custom functions directly in decisions, you can easily create a ruleset to wrap the custom function and pass in and out of the ruleset.  For example, here is a simple custom function:

ernestjessee_0-1710765526919.png

I have wrapped that custom function in a simple ruleset that has nothing but an assignment:

ernestjessee_1-1710765556350.png

Then I place that ruleset in a decision.  This enables me to pass local variables d1 and d2 to the custom function and receive the sum.    I hope this helps:

ernestjessee_3-1710765674094.png

ernestjessee_4-1710765687398.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation