BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Experts,

I tried using the Execute Decisions Node in SAS Studio. The Flow is able to execute successfully. 

jcawesome_0-1678165092948.png

I can see the output result in this temp table in CAS.

jcawesome_1-1678165237052.png

However, I don't see the data appended into the permanent CAS table I loaded (called 'SAMPLE_OUTPUT').

Questions:

1. Is it possible to load output results of the 'Execute Decision' node in SAS Studio into a table? After checking the SAS documentation, it doesn't show how to do this if it is possible. 

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/webeditorflows/v_001/p0h7s4r2t3uskpn0zh1x20gnze4p.htm#n0lja0dpd...

2. If YES, how do I go about it? Are there any sample instructions online from SAS?

3. If NO, how does SAS expect the users to make use of the 'Execute Decision' node if results cannot be pulled out, processed and verified?

Output Variables (Execute Decision Node)

jcawesome_2-1678165473462.png

SAMPLE_OUTPUT table published columns. I matched the exact name with the Output of the Decision Flow.

jcawesome_3-1678165496024.png

Note:

I'm using Postgres DB. This DB has been configured already in SAS Viya. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Jan Carlo (JC)

1 REPLY 1
jcawesome
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I managed to export out the table by using a SAS program in SAS Studio. I first declared a PostgresDB Library. Then loaded the data from the CAS table (CASPG.SAMPLE_OUTPUT) into the postgres table (PGDB.SAMPLE_OUTPUT). 

My guess is that the CASPG library that I defined is a CAS library (loads data in-memory) hence the data doesn't really flow out to the DB.

jcawesome_0-1678167624636.png

I repointed the TABLE node into the PGDB library.

jcawesome_1-1678167893056.png

I truncated the data in the Postgres DB. Then I rerun the flow again. The data is now showing in the database.

jcawesome_2-1678168004526.png

If anyone else has another solution or best practice for handling this node, please do share with the community. 🙂

Regards,

JC