BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aquadri
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, Our IT technicians have installed ssa9.4 on RHEL server, I do not have root access to the server. I was asked to test it. 'sas' command doesn't work, I am not sure if the installation is properly done or not. Below is the list of directories that I can see, but how do I confirm if the installation was properly done or not. sas /soft_kits/sas94 $ ls deploymntreg InstallMisc install.properties licenses perms.sh ReportFontsforClients SASACCESStoHadoopMapReduceJARFiles SASDeploymentManager SASDeploymentTesterClient SASFormatsLibraryforDB2 SASFormatsLibraryforGreenplum SASFormatsLibraryforNetezza SASFormatsLibraryforTeradata SASFoundation SASGraphJavaApplets sas.java.ext.config SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer SASODSGraphicsCRenderer SASODSGraphicsEditor SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment SASSecureJava SASStudioBasic sassw.config SASTKInDatabaseServer SASVersionedJarRepository SASWebApplicationServer Secure wrapper.conf sas /soft_kits/sas94 $ ls deploymntreg InstallMisc install.properties licenses perms.sh ReportFontsforClients SASACCESStoHadoopMapReduceJARFiles SASDeploymentManager SASDeploymentTesterClient SASFormatsLibraryforDB2 SASFormatsLibraryforGreenplum SASFormatsLibraryforNetezza SASFormatsLibraryforTeradata SASFoundation SASGraphJavaApplets sas.java.ext.config SASODBCDriversfortheWebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer SASODSGraphicsCRenderer SASODSGraphicsEditor SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment SASSecureJava SASStudioBasic sassw.config SASTKInDatabaseServer SASVersionedJarRepository SASWebApplicationServer Secure wrapper.conf sas /soft_kits/sas94 $ sas /soft_kits/sas94/sas: Command not found. sas /soft_kits/sas94 $ more sassw.config [properties] JREHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/bin/java SASHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94 PRIVATEJREHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/bin/java DPLMTREGLOC=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/deploymntreg VJRHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASVersionedJarRepository sas /soft_kits/sas94 $
6 REPLIES 6
aquadri
Obsidian | Level 7
There were three paragraphs to my post, but it looks all three got merged. This is second part. soft_kits/sas94 $ sas /soft_kits/sas94/sas: Command not found.
aquadri
Obsidian | Level 7
This is third part. sas /soft_kits/sas94 $ more sassw.config [properties] JREHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/bin/java SASHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94 PRIVATEJREHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/bin/java DPLMTREGLOC=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/deploymntreg VJRHOME=/rmounts/soft_kits/sas94/SASVersionedJarRepository sas /soft_kits/sas94 $
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are getting a "command not found" error when invoking sas, you could try this: ./sas

Also check out these steps to validate the SAS servers and to test your deployment:

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=biig&docsetTarget=n05021intelplatform00install.htm&docsetV...

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n1cm1j9i99dvyqn1nu3wam8slwu3.htm&docset...

aquadri
Obsidian | Level 7
./sas didn't work.
thesasuser
Pyrite | Level 9
  1. Validating SAS: Typically your SAS Admin should be the first person you should seek help from. Admin is the person to validate it. My experience is that if one has the correct plan file from SAS installation is pretty straight forward. 
  2. As for your question that ./sas does not work. This is because the SAS executable is not in your path. If you are in the UNIX shell type the command echo $PATH  . 
  3. The out put should contain the path to SAS executable.  You may find, in your environment some thing like /rmounts/soft_kits/sas94 /SASFoundation/9.4/bin/sas  in the output of echo $PATH command.
  4. If there is nothing like that a request must be made to the admin - typically this would be done by the LINUX ADMIN
  5. Please update how it goes.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @aquadri,

excellent question. I think the validation of your installation it is a very important step before delivering the environment to your users.

The first thing is to validate the binaries, with the SAS Installation Qualification (SAS IQ) and the SAS Operation Qualification (SAS OQ) tools https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikinstqualtoolug/66614/PDF/default/qualificat...

This is generally done after you install binaries and before you apply any modification (such as hotfixes, post-installation or run the Configuration), and it helps to validate if binaries are as expected, and SAS can run all the expected procedures.

Once both are OK, you can continue until all services are in place. Then you would need to validate them. There are several options:

1. Validate technical connections: 

a) all services are up, you can stop and start them and all is OK

b) Validate SAS servers: you can do it with SAS Management Console or the ValidateServer tools http://support.sas.com/kb/42/523.html (for SAS 9.2, but still valid for SAS 9.4)

c) There is a tool, named Deployment Tester, which can run the validations and SAS IQ and SAS OQ where needed http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=biig&docsetTarget=n05022intelplatform00install.htm&docsetVers...

2. Validate applications:

a) your users and you can create unitary tests to test each application to be used, including the administration ones

b) There are some documents that SAS Consultants and trusted partners do follow to test most of the applications. The name is STIC validations. In the end, they are just unitary tests created by SAS Best Practices (GEL department) to ensure key components do work. I am not sure if they are available to customers, but iI am sure it does not hurt SAS Technical Support about them. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation