BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
niko_gallo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have an environment with 2 repositories:

1. Foundation: User \ Group (same as LDAP users)
  2. [Repository 2]: access group and ACT

Normally the 2 repositories are linked.

an example:

• I create in Foundation [USER1], [GROUP1] and the association [USER1] in [GROUP1]
  • I create in [Repository 2] [GROUP2], [ACT1] and associate the [GROUP2] in [ACT1]
  • In the properties of [metadata Folder1] I assign the [GROUP2] and the [ACT1]

In the process of extracting the star-schema (developed through the SAS standard) I cannot find the association of point 2 illustrated above, whether you download the data from the Foundation or from the [second repository].

How can I find this data? and once found can this information be updated through the SAS procedure?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

Niko

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Hi Niko!

The user synchronization macros would not extract ACT information, which I suspect is the source of your concern.

It sounds like what you are trying to accomplish would be performed through the import and export tools. I've linked the documentation for this below.

SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: System Administration Guide - Using the Batch Export and Import Tool...

You may wish to contact SAS Technical Support so we can get a clearer picture of what your environment looks like and what you are trying to accomplish. 

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
niko_gallo
Obsidian | Level 7

Ciao,

my problem is to align only the repository foundation keeping the link with the second repository.

I was already headed in the direction you proposed!
Thanks again

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation